My tide window opens in a mere twenty five days, which gives me about two weeks of training, and two weeks of tapering and packing/ travelling/ general frenzied activity. Then, like my fellow Sandycove based aspirants,I may be sitting and waiting and waiting .....
But! Tomorrow is one of my four last big swims. The weather is miserable, my shoulders are sore, but not that sore, thanks to Colette Garvey at Imokilly Physio who has held me together this year, sometimes literally by sticky tape!
However .... it is a big deal for me tomorrow to swim longer than i ever have in cold water. Sandycove is around 13/14 degrees at the moment, so it will be tough. But I am strangely looking forward to it, maybe that's why this is the first time I am blogging about a swim in advance.
More realistically, I am writing it down here to cement in my mind that I am doing it, and no amount of whinging, moaning or complaining will alter that fact.
Mind you, I haven't said how long i will swim for!!!
Postscript 1: I managed my first eight hour swim - finally. It was misty, rainy, windy and generally miserably. It was 14 degrees, which is now considered in warm in my book. .... Day two coming up....
No comments:
Post a Comment